Thursday, November 18, 2010

My First Soccer Game


            My first soccer game I ever went to was with the Mexican club called Chivas de Guadalajara vs. San Luis. My dad bought the front row tickets (I was about 9 years old at that time) .I saw the players very clear. At the 55th minute a player called Omar Bravo scored a goal with his head. I was ecstatic. Never n my life have I been so exited. The whole stadium practically jumped with excitement. It got really loud. I felt my ears were going to pop out of me. But at the 76th minute San Luis scored a goal. Almost the whole stadium was ashamed of that. I thought the game was over. I thought the game was going to end as a tie. Guadalajara was about to score but the goalie just managed to tip the ball over. Guadalajara then kicked a corner kick and by some miracle a player from Guadalajara jumped as high as the birds and hit the ball with his head. In a split second the ball was in. “yeah!!!!!” I screamed.. The whole stadium roared with excitement as they jumped up and down. The ref then called the game over. I was so happy.
            I remember my dad droved home with a big smile in his face. He didn’t speak a word. Once we arrived home he asked me “did you like the game?”
“of course I did dad!”.
“Did you think the players were good?”. I stood in silence for a while.
“yeah, they’re pretty good”
He said to me “I believe you can be as good as they are”. Those words inspired me to become a soccer player, a soccer player as great as them. Little words like that can change a person. Ever since that day, soccer has become my most favorite sport to play. Because of those words, I love soccer and want to become a professional at it

3 comments:

  1. Thats always a defining moment in your life and its something you will remember forever.... well obviously your blogging about it hope your soccer dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your so right......hearing a few words are extra special when you hear them from someone you love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime i hear an inspiring story like that it makes me want to be a better person. I don't like when people are put down by others. I'd rather everyone be happy and not care what others think. When you were told from the start that you can do better than everyone else, then you get a goal set and that is your motive throughout life. that's awesome that you had that experience when you were younger.

    ReplyDelete