Friday, November 19, 2010

My 1st Soccer League

            I was 10 years old when I joined my first soccer league. I was the smallest kid in the team (nothing’s changed much). We were “Las Chivitas”. When I played my first game I immediately scored a goal. It felt so good when I scored . As soon as I scored the goal, I looked over at my dad. He had a huge smile on his face. That was a great feeling I had. A feeling of happiness I have never felt before. A feeling like no other that inspired me to play even harder. I wanted my dad to smile again. For him to smile it made me feel good inside it was the 78th minute. A player of my team kicked the ball the goalie managed to stop it. The ball rolled over to me, I turned over towards my dad. He looked at me. I kicked the ball as hard as I could. I closed my eyes suddenly I heard the team screaming. “Yeah!”. I tuned towards my dad. He again had a huge smile. It felt great. I didn’t care about the goal I cared about making my dad smile.
            “I’m proud of you” my dad said. “You really gave it your best out their”. I remember he drove home with a big smile on his face. I never had seen my dad so happy. To think it was because of that day that I practiced soccer so much. I love it because it builds a great bond between me and my dad. A sport can really change a relationship between a father and son. It is because of soccer that I and my dad are so close. You all should find something you and your parents can relate to if you have trouble communicating.

No comments:

Post a Comment